Welcome

Welcome to Birth of a book. Originally published as a blog to read comments about the creation of my book Seven-Tenths; Love, Piracy and Science at Sea, it also includes details of upcoming events and periodic odd musings from me and sometimes even my daughter Sara who contributed her thoughts on our trip to AirVenture in Oshkosh, WI where she tried her hand at a father-daughter blog.


David

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Night shows…and injuries


Thank god we had gotten down there in time, IT WAS PACKED! I hadn’t expected something like this would be packed like so…

  Well, I thought, there would be the wall of fire, so I guess it was only natural. Dad and I walked down to the edge of the runway with chairs strapped to our backs. When we arrived we located out a spot near to a shimmering lemon colored plane, aero-awesomness!!!! I was beginning to feel peckish for ice-cream. I asked Father dearest for a few dollars and bought myself a dove bar-NOT BEFORE ASKING HIM IF HE WANTED ANYTHING!! {Remember that line}…It took me a few minutes to find my way back to our small territory through the little mortals and the falling night. Eventually, I spotted it, and sat down in my Latin school of Chicago fold-up chair.I began to munch away. Dad leaned over and asked “Can I have a small bite??” “NO”!! I exclaimed! “I ASKED YOU IF YOUWANTED SOMETHING BEFORE I WENT”!! I challenged as I handed him the excess change. “AND EVEN IF I HAD PAID, YOU TAKE BITES THE SIZE OF TEXSAS”!!!!!!!!! I yelled as he recoiled smiling slightly. Soon enough, the show started. A plane came out of no-where and performed daring tricks while spitting out fireworks from its wing tips. “Whoa”… I breathed. This went on for a while. Although we had different pilots, and aircraft, performing similar tricks, it got kind-of boring. Oh well. The last act before the fireworks was “magic by moonlight” a plane moved swiftly across the night sky lighting it up, with attached lights all around. The Phantom Of The Opera theme played all the way through its spooktacular performance. I sang along to the famous opera song line “in sleep he sang o me…” etc. Afterwards the crowd and I, counted down from 10-0 to await the fireworks. They came! Ear splitting cracks and blows! Colorful lights lit-up the dark and now saddened sky! It ended.  Then we awaited for the “crem-da-lu-crem” the fiestaresistonce {French accent}, THE WALL OF FIRE!! Just like before we counted down 10-0. Fire shot up 15 stories high! Flame shot out in all directions! I could feel the heat all the way from my 1,000 ft distance! HOLE-AH FREAKSHOW! I yelled once it had died down.

   Dad and I wormed our way in between the hustling crowd. “Hehehe” I said as I heard a cricket. “I’ve got you now faddah fingling!!!!” I said I crouched down and pounced-the chair I had been carrying over my shoulder slid off weighing me down I fell everywhere I guess you could say. I started to crack up. Everyone stared. I’M NORMALL!!! I yelled-“It looks like you have serious issue dad commented. “I KNOOW!!” I replied in my hipper state of mind. We waltzed back to the tent and spent another cold long lonely night.  I awoke to jets. Lately; they were becoming my alarm clock. I was excited, for today was our ultra-light plane flight. Little did I know  a two-person Breezy ultralight plane had just crashed. I thought they had died. The fire was huge, and the ambulance stayed there for the longest time. I became instantly frightened…I wasn’t so sure I wanted to go anymore. The UL pilots might have been thinking the same thing. Our flight is now postponed until tomorrow. The rest of the day was low key due to this morning’s incident. But, I’m planning to sleep all day tomorrow to save energy for Saturday’s 5K race which I will win-JUST KIDDING!

 I soon spotted the Thunder Birds overhead spiraling and circling. I REALLY admired them, and there engines actually sounded-like thunder—soon—I heard a sound like and engine and then water droplets. I soon realized that it was no thunderbird---it was real thunder…Of course being a huge admirer of the thunder birds-I made a tribute in song  …………………., I’ve been dreaming I’ve been waiting-to fly with those great pilots, the Thunder birds they’re daring tricks-spinning round and having kick’s. We’ll perform for crowds of thousands n’ they’ll shower us with diamonds the thunder birds will see me, right here a-at Airveentuuuure!!!!!!!!!
 Sara

 

No comments:

Post a Comment